Comprehension

Enhancing prior knowledge with fiction and nonfiction read aloud choices.

I have yet to meet a teacher or student who does not LOVE sticky notes as much as a snow day in Maine. I am trying to find the original source of this Sticky Note Codes page, as the creator deserves full credit for this useful and meaningful tool. It is the sticky note model I use during read aloud time and students apply to their independent reading.
Students document information about salamanders with Acadia National Park Rangers.

Reading and Field Experience become a combination that deepens student's schema and enhances their vocabulary.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower!

    I think your blog is great! ;) So many good resources! I look forward to seeing all that you have to share as well as sharing some ideas with you!

    I have nominated you for the Leibster Award, but it looks like you were already nominated... Check out my blog post about it here anyway for more information.

    Carrie
    Floating Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete