One more day


GASP! One more day of summer vacation and it will be officially coming to an abrupt end. Three professional days and kids the following Tuesday. I am not a huge fan of change and even less so of saying good bye to things (including seasons). While I am trying to convince myself, or remind myself (I am not sure which one), that each new season offers unique beauties, important changes, and time for mother nature to rest in the stillness of winter darkness. If I close my eyes at any time, I can recall the dawn alarm of squawks, caws, chick-a-dee-dee-dees, and the drilling sounds of Pileated Woodpeckers dining. I have swallowed the sounds and replayed them enough times to not ever forget. Walking barefoot on hot sand, the scent of freshly mowed grass, the taste of salt from the Atlantic on my lips, and cool summer nights in my hoodie and striped socks, are moments that I will miss. Staying up late, waking up early, and not one worry about being tired. I'll miss those things too.



Best of Luck in the 2012-2013 school year!
May we all find success and peace when we need it, by remembering the moments that matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment