Books to Pre-Order


This cover just draws me in and David Shannon has a way of perspective that lends himself to cartoon style as well as many others. Look at that fish! This will serve as an excellent model for an author/illustrator study on Shannon.


Check out my Chris Van Dusen post for more information and stay tuned for future exciting information about Chris and his new book and his partnership with Island Readers & Writers.

The Amulet is the perfect graphic novel fantasy series for readers of all ages. I am so glad it is not over...I just pre-ordered the NEW 5th book in the series.

Scaredy is the ideal squirrel for a character study. The traits of organization and voice are modeled clearly too in Melanie's books. I also love her Chester books and highly recommend them.

The anticipation for the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid is like a birthday for all the fans. Jeff Kinney is the master at encouraging reading engagement.

Candlewick Press is now Anthony Browne's publisher in the United States. This is fantastic news. I love Candlewick Press and I love even more the fact that Browne's books will be more well known and read by US readers.

Like Kinney, Lincoln Peirce knows how to build a character that fans can not get enough of. Go Big Nate!

My 4th and 5th grade girls (and some of my boys) love Dork Diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment